Chiang Kai Shek College History Timeline
- Initially offering a six-year Chinese program and four-year English program, Chiang Kai Shek High School is established in Manila with a student population of 273.
- The school is named after Generalissimo Chiang Kai-Shek.
- World War II; the school sustains damage.
- 14 student and teacher patriots aiding underground activities are killed.
- June - Acting principal Huang Chi Hwa opens five review classes for juniors and seniors; leaves for China in October.
- November - Mr. Wong Chun Seng is appointed principal
- December - School reopens
The school moves to its present site on Padre Algue Street, Tondo, Manila with close to 1,000 students.
The Board of Trustees approves the offering of a two-year teacher training course to train local Chinese teachers.
- March - Principal Wong Chun Seng passes away.
- May - Mr. Yu Khe Thai is appointed principal; Dr. Pao Shih Tien is appointed vice principal.
- The Wong Chun Seng Memorial Preschool is established.
- Principal Yu retires.
- Dr. Pao Shih Tien is appointed principal.
The school becomes Chiang Kai Shek College, offering two four-year college courses: Bachelor of Secondary Education, majors in 1) Chinese Literature and History, and 2) General Education.
The College offers Bachelor of Science in Commerce program with majors in 1) Accounting, 2) Management, and 3) Banking and Finance.
The school establishes the Elementary Course; thus, it becomes an institution offering complete education from preschool to college.
All Chinese schools in the Philippines are Filipinized by virtue of Presidential Decree 176. Dual curriculum is abolished, and the teaching of Chinese is reduced to two hours every day.
- Dr. Pao retires.
- Dr. Jimmy Su takes over as president.
Renovation of school’s Main Building (administration and faculty offices; elementary classrooms) to reinforced concrete structures
- Dr. Su retires.
- Mr. Chien Yin Shao is appointed president.
The school establishes the Language Learning Center.
College now offers:
1) Bachelor of Science in
2) Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Mr. Shao retires.
- Mrs. Joan Sy Cotio takes over as president.
- Construction of ten-storey college building on Narra Street commences.
- College offers graduate programs:
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Arts in Education (MAEd)
College classes move to the campus at 1477 Narra Street.
- The High School Department is granted Level I Accreditation Status by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges, and Universities (PAASCU), an organization with the most rigid quality education standards in the country and one of the three founding members of the Federation of Accrediting Agencies of the Philippines (FAAP).
- College offers Bachelor of Science in
1. Information Technology
2. Information Management
- College student population is now 1,153.
- Wong Chun Seng Memorial Preschool offers Montessori classes.
The High School Department is granted Level II Accreditation Status by the PAASCU.
The Grade School Department is granted Level I Accreditation Status by the PAASCU.
- High School Chinese Instruction Department offers multimedia, computer-assisted classroom instruction.
- College offers Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Mrs. Cotio retires.
- Dr. Bee Ching Ong Kian Koc is appointed CKS College president.
- The Grade School Department is granted Level II Accreditation Status by the PAASCU.
- The Language Center (formerly Language Learning Center) moves to the Narra campus. It offers short term courses in Hokkien, Mandarin, English, and Filipino.
College offers Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management.
- Dr. Ong Kian Koc retires.
- Dr. Dory Poa is appointed CKS College president.
- Implementation of the Department of Education’s K to 12 Basic Education Program
- In compliance with the entry-age requirement of K to12, the school adopts a three-year transition program. During the transition phase, academic requirements essential for four (4) grade levels will be covered in three (3) academic years (2013-2016).
Renovation of Main Campus facilities:
- Ground floor and basement canteens
- Ground floor cafe
- Mezzanine book and supplies store
- Mini food court on Pao Shih Tien Hall’s ground floor
- Main Administrative Office
- Main Gate
- Drainage systems, basement sump pumps, and ground floor spaces for better damage control during rainy seasons and flooding
- School offers Senior High School (Grades 11 and 12) programs:
- Academic Track
- Accountancy and Business Management (ABM)
- Humanities and Social Sciences (HumSS)
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)
- Sports Track
- Technology, Vocational, and Livelihood Track
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Arts and Design Track
- Arts Production (Visual Arts, Media Arts) and Performance Arts (Music)
- Academic Track
- Renovation continues:
- Administrative offices
- Faculty, mezzanine offices
- Grade School Library
- Classrooms and hallways
- New wash rooms on ground floor Memorial Building